Thursday, February 4, 2021

Charles Mazena This Bishop Discovers That Jesus Christ Is The True Answer

 


A personal testimony of the converted priest


Born to Roman Catholic parents in Europe, Austria, my life began on a farm. With a specific destiny and a God-given desire to know what was beyond, my childhood took shape. I knew that in life there must be more than this body, and then comes eternity, but how should I enter and where will I have to spend it? I wanted to know God, but I didn't know how to approach Him. And so, I began my search for God. After college, I studied for the priesthood in Switzerland, then a few years as a chaplain, followed by compliance with regulations and, as a priest, a teacher of history and religion.


Later in the war, my men and I were moved to the Russian front. We were located in a large cave at the edge of the mountain. Suddenly both armies started firing, fire after fire, and without warning we were buried alive. For the first time in my life I prayed to God from the bottom of my heart. The situation continued for eight long days. I was desperate, hungry, thirsty, yet somehow I believed to the end that God would set me free. My faith grew so great that it seemed like I could move a mountain. Then someone found us, and out of 130 people, only me and a Christian boy survived. It was good to be close to God.


After the war, three desperate bandits brought me to the brink of death, intending to sell my clothes at the cost of my life. As one of them approached me with his murderous knife, I prayed "My Lord and my God"; he stopped abruptly, threw down his knife, and said, "I killed many people, but I can't kill this man." God's mercy was real again.


With the advent of America came success: the election and consecration of the Bishop of the Catholic Church by Archbishop William Francis and Bishop Marsette. Years of prosperity as well as social and religious promotion have filled my head with knowledge, experience and pride. Moreover, they emptied my heart. I was not going forward, but backwards; not up, but down. In the end, my better judgment won, and the desire to know Jesus Christ and His way awoke again. Religious corruption disappointed me, false comrades discouraged me, but God helped me.


I resigned from the office of bishop, and I lost everything. My house was looted, and I was stripped of everything I had. I was unjustly persecuted to the end.


Then a fatal disease struck me, and again my soul came face to face with eternity. I was a Christian by name only. Many times I read and reread the words of the Lord to Nicodemus, "You must be born again," but I did not understand what they meant. At one time I thought I was born again, but it was not a reality. It was not a reality because I continued to live the life of a worldly man.


I did not have the Spirit of Christ steadfast in me. I acknowledged the truth as far as I could understand, but I was not fully assured of it. I had an understanding of faith, but it was not a saving faith. I could train others, but I was not able to follow my own instructions.


It was April when I was dying. It became known that I had cancer, and my family was told to expect my death in ninety days. Upon hearing the news of my hopeless condition, I decided to put the whole situation in the hands of the Lord. It was now or never. The next day I read Psalm 51 and prayed silently to God. Somehow, I looked at Calvary and saw Christ dying for my many sins. The Holy Spirit has penetrated me. I confessed my sins to God with deep repentance. Then a great silence covered me, and I felt a great power from above. This power was Christ. I was really born of the Holy Spirit. My old nature was changed and I became a new man. God in His immense love did even more than that, and I was miraculously healed. My search is over, my thirst has subsided, my destiny has settled. I belonged to God, and He was mine.


What a joy to know His peace and presence, to walk with Him, and to know that He guides my life. Yes, many years were lost, but now only glory is expected.


Give your heart to this wonderful Savior and receive the promise of His Word: " But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God " (John 1:12).


[Source: https://bereanbeacon.org/ro/acest-episcop-descopera-ca-isus-cristos-este-adevaratul-raspuns/]

No comments:

Post a Comment